Ford and Garrido join school board
Ford and Garrido take the oath of office, which was administered by District Magisterial Judge Miles Bixler.
Ford resigned from borough council in May, citing health concerns. This was Garrido's third try for a seat on the board.
Leo Lutz Jr. was absent from Thursday's meeting, but those present voted unanimously for the appointments. Vicki Anspach voted also, despite her absence at last week's committee of the whole meeting when candidate interviews were held. When questioned at last week's meeting if absent members would vote, Superintendent Dr. Robert Hollister said, "We'd have abstentions from the other board members." The vacancy created by Mattern's resignation was not advertised. (Lutz and Mattern were also absent from last week's meeting.)
The board also accepted the resignation of high school principal Maura Hobson, effective September 14, 2016. Hobson will remain in the position for up to 60 days, pending a replacement.
The board also accepted the resignation of high school principal Maura Hobson, effective September 14, 2016. Hobson will remain in the position for up to 60 days, pending a replacement.




Comments
So let us look at both Borough Council and School Board score for 2016:
Columbia Borough Council: 3 Elected 4 Non-Elected
Columbia School Board: 6 Elected 3 Non Elected
I bet this has never happened in the history of elected officials in Columbia Borough.How can I believe in a my town?
As for the resignation of Mrs, Hobson, I'm happy to see it. No reason was given for her resignation, however, her statements to me a week ago Friday revealed a person in denial, completely unaware of the problems in her school and unlikely to change. IT'S GOOD TO SEE HER GONE.
It would not be that difficult to make one with his name on.
Ford, I'm very leary of you.
End this agreement with Elanco and send Strickler packing.
They count on people not coming and not questioning. This is now over.
Please think about that.
I don't know most of them either, but I know the facts from reading many articles on this very site. And they articles are facts, not opinions.