$8-9 million proposed Columbia River Park expansion includes amphitheater, pavilion
Discussion on funding for the project “hasn’t even started,” she added, explaining the long planning process “allowed residents to dream big about what can happen” at the park.
MORE HERE


Comments
I didn’t use the trail when I lived in Columbia precisely because of the bypass section and I certainly will not drive over from Lancaster in order to hike the bypass when I can drive another 5 minutes to the Marietta end. My ex-neighbor, in Columbia, always drives herself and her dog to Marietta whenever she wants to hike it.
Another issue of importance is a children’s playground. This should be built on the existing section of the park near the Crossings building. Parents of young kids will not use it if it means a hike of a quarter mile or more. There are some other nice ideas for the park but they are optional; these two things are critical to the parks sucess.
Al Dodson
I think perhaps its worth pasting the last quote of the article, from the mayor, for those of you who chose not to read it: “So many times we hear from residents, ‘We don’t have stuff to do in Columbia,’ and we’re trying to give them that,” he said.
I haven't lived in Columbia very long, but I like it here. I have attended planning meetings, and I'm excited to hear the ideas of my fellow Columbians and to get a chance to see the action that follows. Several new businesses have opened in the short time I've been here, and I believe they have all brought something positive to the community.
I have to say that I'm regularly disappointed to see all of the negativity that is thrown about in the comments here and on the various Facebook groups.
The Columbia News always held the Columbia government accountable six days a week. This is our media outlet and we as citizens support this site.
Deal with crime and Invest in Law Enforcement for a safer city...