Bill would allow tax incentives for volunteer firefighters, EMS
In an effort to recruit and retain volunteer emergency responders, a state lawmaker is proposing to allow municipalities to give some tax relief to EMS and firefighter volunteers.
State Rep. Ryan Warner, R-Fayette, is the prime sponsor of the bill, which would allow for volunteers to receive a tax credit of up to 20 percent of their earned income and property tax liability.
It would allow communities to recognize the "value of and the absence of any public cost for volunteer fire protection and emergency medical services provided by active volunteers," according to the bill.
"We all depend on these hard-working and dedicated first responders, who voluntarily put themselves in harm's way in order to protect our children, homes and businesses," Warner said in a statement. "It is time we ask what we can do for them."

Comments
Did you go out last Tuesday and VOTE? If the answer is no, then you have no right to bitch...
In the last 19 yes as a volunteer I have over two hundreds of hours of training, I RISK my life everytime I respond to someone emergency inside and outside this boro..
If you want to bitch abut a new tax bill that will give emergency responders a break that is well deserved. I just you go down to the firehouse and sign up to be a firefighter and see what it takes.....
You choose to buy a house I choose to rent a house..... I have pay school taxes every year just like everyone else. You pay property tax because you choose to own property if you do not like the fact then sell your property and rent.
IT'S ONLY MONEY AND THEY PROVIDE A SERVICE WE NEED....
SHHHHH