Man arrested for sexual assault charged in previous offenses
Michael Paul Geib of Columbia was arrested yesterday for sexual assault. He was also charged in previous offenses.
Here's the docket sheet for yesterday's incident:
Geib was scheduled to go to trial on May 16 on felony and misdemeanor charges of indecent assault of a person under 13 years. The charges stem from an incident that occurred last year:
Michael Paul Geib
Here's the docket sheet for yesterday's incident:










Comments
I know Michael from the Columbia Menonite church and he comes from a very nice family.
Michael may seem like a man but he has a mental handicap and has the mind of a 12 year old. He has issues he was abused as a youngster before Mr. and Mrs. Geib adopted him and his sister and for years they have spent trying to help Michael and teach him a right and better life. So while people may be quick to condem this man how about considering his circumstances and position.?
He is not a mean and nasty pervert he is a mixed up young man who needs help and not prison.
Michael used to come to church every Sunday and was nothing but polite. He would sing praise and worship. I was sad to hear this happened and I don't think he really comprehends his actions and the consequenses to those actions.
With that said he should be placed in a place like a mental institution where he can get help to become productive and better. I can tell you in Lancaster County prison he will recieve no adequate Mental Health treatment and will most likely end up worse after enduring that place then before he came in. Perhaps that is why he had 2 strikes in less then a year. THe system failed this young man and you want to blame him?
For what it's worth I saw Michael a year ago out at a store and he must have been in a "big brother" program because I saw him with a few people who I"d consider "undesirable" and he wouldn't have been with them unless he had too. I call them Undesirable because he introduced them to me and I could hear them making fun of him afterwards. These were much older men also hanging out with a much younger man probably by court order or other recommendation in the name of recovery..... I guess that's like sending junkies to "rehab" most of them just find new drug friends and or sources only very few succeed and that is mostly because they really want to.
So if you want a better community how about helping those who need it the most when they need it and send him to a treatment facility instead of kicking him when he is down? Or holding his birth parents responsible for the affects their neglegance and abuse had on Michael years later or the state who new about his condition to allow him to slip into his current position. Michael is a good person who just needs help sort of like a full time baby sitter and he'd be ok.
My heart breaks for this kid/man and I feel sorry for the victim I'm sure she was terrified but perhaps if she knew Michael's story and he appolagized she could find it in her heart to forgive him and want to see him get proper and adequate help so he can get better and not worse.....
Please Pray for his family Mr. and Mrs. Geib they are very good people and this must be difficult for them. Please pray for the victim and offender also.... Help people when they need it instead of kicking them when they are down and this world might actually be a better place...... ?
I bet no one will because I can assure you there would be nothing to post and if there is then go ahead and share it?
Really I can understand your anger his actions were wrong but he's retarded so he doesn't realize what he does is wrong.....
Judge not lest you be judged someday you may have a kid with a mental handicap would you want people to treat him that way? I'm not looking for an answer btw.
My advise to you be angry but also grow up and have pity and mercy but most of all understanding cause who knows someday you or your loved ones may need it
If your all so concerned about safety how about respectfully demanding all the registered perverts who live only blocks from the school that the poor school kids have to walk past in most cases unattended be relocated to a different town like one where the kids at least can ride school buses and ride past the perverts instead of walk past them?
Marietta folks did it so why won't COlumbia? Because they are Lazy and don't care until something like this happens then all the sudden they want to become careing activist.... What a joke. Dont' you fools know it's better to prevent something from happening then it is to fix the damage after the fact? Amerikans, I"m almost ashamed to have to admit i am one!!!!!
So quit harping and picking on a Mentally ill kid and spend that hateful energy on the convicted and registered perverts your school kids have to walk past after every day to and from school eh...?
I'm not defending him. He does need to get help, and due his time for what he did; regardless of what time he does. For everyone who doesn't know him or knew him, just know that he was a good kid. Something that was a fun little game impacted him in a way that people don't understand.
I pray for his family. They are such amazing people. They are GOOD people. If you want something nasty to say, please keep it to yourself because you have no idea what the family is going through. Keep the prayers going, whether you send them for the family, Michael, or the world.
He was severly abused. He barely had any hair on his head he was so malnurished. So to someone he may look normal and a good kid but he had issues that were totally not his fault....
He was very polite and a good kid however he also had ongoing issues that with the help of his parents Mr. and Mrs. Geib he seemed to be doing pretty good dealing with them.
I used to teach class at Columbia Menonite and Michael would always come by after class and I'd hook him up with any left over snacks. I taught the younger kids. Michael was in the class ahead of the one I taught. He does not deserve Jail... They should go after his birth parents and let them do his time for what they done to him that still impacts him to this day.....
People need to lay off of Michael and find someone else to pick on.....
So he needs help Big Deal! He's mentally ill not a criminal.....To me he's just a kid.
He has the mind of a 12 year old maybe even younger any one who knows him knows that much
Yep, that's right the prison has a medication policy. They only distribute certain kinds of drugs that co-inside with the alleged prison policy. For example if your on medication x,y, and z. The prison will cut you off only to perscribe an a,b, or c medication..... One of them is Narcotics so if you have cancer or other illness like pluracy that requires this medication the prison will deny your right to your perscribed medication in the name of "policy" and may or may not substitute it...
Right Prison worker? and if you claim you dont' work in the medical perhaps you could post then the Prison policy pertaining to medication.???
I know folks who tried unsuccessfully to smuggle out a policy book and prison officials won't allow it...Only they know why they won't make the prison policy public.... So please share what you know about prison plolicyy concerning medication...? Also, please post any link where such information may be found cause I did a google search and found none...
Maybe we should hold the town Officials responsible for allowing the registered perverts to reside in this town and influence the youth here? But, no most people would rather pick on a handicap boy! That's real mature....
about right and wrong why don't you give Michael a break? He is mentally handicap do you like picking on people like that? ok then, shut the freak up!?