Public Forum To Discuss Trails - March 16 at Columbia Crossing | TownLively
The hopes, wishes, and, yes, gripes of trail users will be heard at a public forum on Saturday, March 16, at the Columbia Crossing River Trails Center, 41 Walnut St., Columbia. Registration will open at 8:30 a.m., and the program will run from 9 to 11 a.m.
MORE:
Comments
Who cares about Don Murphy, as long as he is self sustaining I support his efforts. Bring my property value up and bring me buyers so I can get the hell out of here!!!
Other posters here are right. This site peddles negativity and many of us that comment here never have anything good to say about anything in town. I am over-joyed that I have 16 miles of traffic-fee trail to run, walk, and bike. My children can ride their bikes there unfettered and I don't have to worry about cars. In the summer, there's not much better than walking down to the water to catch a sunset on a random Tuesday night. These are things that I value in a hometown. When I come home from work, I want recreational opportunities. We have plenty! And there're good ones! That's one of the main reasons why I bought I home in Columbia. Don't assume that because you don't take advantage of them that other do not place a high value upon them.
1) I know an out-of-town couple that frequent the antique shops in Columbia, but always leave to eat in other towns.
Out of town folks are frequenting our antique shops. This is a good thing. People are coming here and spending money. Sure, maybe all of them are not staying for a meal, you can’t win them all, right? But you can win some and some is better than none.
2) The trail is not very safe for pedestrians, you nearly get run down by the cyclists.
While I disagree and feel very safe on the trail, you are realizing that there is traffic on the trail and that means it’s popular and being used. That’s a good thing. This also presents an opportunity to learn about and practice safety, courtesy, and sharing. These are good values to live by and teach to our children.
3) Revenue for our local economy? Revenue for the business owners.
Vibrant businesses are worth more that blighted, vacant storefronts. That helps to stabilize the tax base, which helps to make large tax increases in the future less necessary. Plus, it means jobs for residents, as well as services and places for us to frequent as well.
You see, the thing about Fraggle Rock is that the Fraggles never left the rock. They never saw things from the outside in. There are always more than one way to look anything.
Funny how when you disagree with council or other powers to be, you ar called "negative". This site isn't for those who refuse to take off their rose colored glasses. This site is for the realists.
Al dodson