Columbia's decision to ban former employee from its property may be 'unconstitutional' [Lancaster Watchdog]
Chris Vera [Columbia Spy file photo] The following information is excerpted from a December 6, 2025 LNP Watchdog article by LNP | LancasterOnline reporter Jade Campos. Still reeling from an abrupt firing from his role as head of the Columbia Market House in March, Chris Vera was surprised to get a letter in the mail from a Columbia Borough attorney two weeks later telling him he was banned indefinitely from borough property. The letter gave no reason for the ban. Nine months later, Vera, who has served as president of the Columbia Historic Preservation Society for more than a decade and has helped with the borough’s comprehensive plan, is still banned from borough property. He believes the ban includes borough parks, which is part of the reason he moved his annual Albatwitch Day festival, which celebrates the myth of a local cryptid, to Wrightsville. Vera said he’s not sure why the borough went to such lengths to keep him away from public spaces given his termination from the borough s...


Comments
For the philosophical doctrine of the theory of knowledge, see Sensualism.
Some tactics include being deliberately obtuse, appealing to emotions, being controversial, intentionally omitting facts and information, being loud and self-centered, and acting to obtain attention. Trivial information and events are sometimes misrepresented and exaggerated as important or significant and often include stories about the actions of individuals and small groups of people, the content of which is often insignificant and irrelevant relative to the macro-level day-to-day events that occur globally. Furthermore, the content and subject matter typically affect neither the lives of the masses nor society and instead is broadcast and printed to attract viewers and readers.
/2 - al dodson
It's dastardly to lead people to think you wrote this all by yourself, when in fact it comes from WikiPedia.
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensationalism)
Do exhibit "pride of authorship" should you sometime write something you create.
Brian Long
Anyway - I think there are people who use the Lum Lum slang with affection, just the same way some people own the River Rat as a badge of honor. That is not really my style, and I did not do that, but the post was from a Realtor promoting a property so I am erring on the side of affection not disdain.
The post I shared was about a home in Columbia going under agreement in less than a day. So much for the taxes scaring people away from the borough.
I am not the only person with access to publish on the page. A page is not a profile. I do not post everything on there. I am not the only optimist in Columbia.
I am not a journalist - it is not, nor does it pretend to be a news site because it is expressly NOT OBJECTIVE.
-Nate
Your focus on this one aspect of that post is an indication of the problem I see with many people that comment on these issues in town.
You're missing the forest for the trees, and seem to be unwilling to concede the talking point that taxes will scare people away from buying homes here (proven false by the speed with which that home sold, and others as evidenced in the comments of the post)
-Nate
And I did say I could see where you were going with the post. Just remember, the ends do not always justify the means.
You seem to paint anyone that disagrees with revolving loan fund creation with the same negative brush. You are doing a disservice to many residents that are able to look at things objectively. It is possible to see the forest AND the trees.