Sunday, July 28, 2013

What I saw recently

Some pics from around town over the last few days . . .

 These notices have been popping up on properties around town lately.

The government is once again in the process of confiscating private property.

 Grammar anyone?

 So what DID happen at this property on the 200 block of Locust?
It's the same place as shown HERE.

 Little Boy Blue casting his fate to the wind (or at least his line to the water).

 The hands of fate?  Nah, just more cool kitsch at Burning Bridge Antiques.

 Jailed without due process

 Spelling . . . ?

 Hitchin' a ride

 Seen on the 200 block of Union Street.  Is it legal?
If so, I want one for my property that says WHOVIAN ZONE.

Seen in Wrightsville.
Hmmm . . . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya know i just read columbia news and reviews...about surveillance cameras. maybe gov't agencies SHOULD investigate the people who collect welfare, food stamps, and who are on disability BUT do more than I can. just sayin'!

Anonymous said...

Any Raiders fan is a friend of mine....there aren't too many of us left!!!

Anonymous said...

Better yet, in your "Dr.Who" zone could be the be (wasn't it blue?) TARDIS time travel phone box?

Wouldn't that rock the house??

Joe Lintner said...

Yes, it's bigger on the inside. (That's a Whovian in-joke.)

Joe Lintner said...

Might warrant scrutiny.

awgeedawggy said...

AMEN- I have one of these on my gate at my home too!

awgeedawggy said...

What is up with this poor dog that is kept outside of this house with the sign out front?? How many dogs is it- when i go by i never see anything out there but the cage and the sign. Obviously someone has commented or there wouldnt be a sign there. This is quite an eyesore but is there something else that can be done?? I cant imagine any animal outside like that in the past weeks when it was so hot and that cage is right there in the blazing sun. I know there are a lot bigger things to worry about in town but this is disgraceful.

Anonymous said...

This dog cage is just wrong. I completely disagree with this but they could at least follow code and make sure shade, food and water are provided.

Anonymous said...

i agree. call and report them to aspca, orca, humane league, police, etc.....and the dog in the cage at 9th St & Lancaster Ave is frightful and horrible to look at for visitors coming into town from the East. Isn't there some codes or police violations here???? WHY do we let these ingrates get away with this.

Joe Lintner said...

I've only ever seen one dog and only once in awhile.

Joe Lintner said...

I agree. I only see the dog once in awhile.

Joe Lintner said...

I imagine it is a strange, fearsome sight for visitors coming into town.