Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold thoughts on a frigid day

Today reminds me of death. The bitter air, the long shadows, the frozen ground. Now I know why they call this the dead of winter. I need to get out of this cold.

Birds in bare trees try to out-lament each other by chirping and squawking about who's coldest.
I'm down at the tracks. A Norfolk Southern train rumbles by.

I wonder what's in those train cars. If a train ever derails, toxic chemicals could escape from a ruptured tank car and kill everyone in their sleep up to 3rd Street and beyond. Hopefully, one of the cars will also leak nitrous oxide so everyone can die laughing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing-like the last sentence:)

Anonymous said...

Actually (I believe it was in Marietta), there was a train car that did leak something dangerous several years back. Haz-mat was called in, the year escapes me now but I will find out. Not so far fetched Cole!

Joe Lintner said...

That's right. These things happen.

Joe Lintner said...

Thanks