State expected to study Columbia police department
Columbia Borough Council in late September approved a motion to seek state assistance with a comprehensive study of its police operations.
The borough's mayor, Leo Lutz, said Oct. 9 that the proposed study, which would be conducted by the state Department of Community & Economic Development, would, among other things, examine the feasibility of a consolidation or merger with other area police departments.

Comments
While investigating the possible consolidation of the police department makes good business sense, I can never understand why this same though process is not used for public works. I can see significant cost savings through equipment alone. Instead of municipality A purchasing two large dump trucks and municipality B purchasing two large dump trunks, consolidated, they could probably get the job done with just three large dump trucks. That is only an example. I am sure there are many other areas where money could be saved by consolidating public works departments but for some reason, it is never thrown into the discussion.
They soaked enough of our tax dollars,
Now it's time they go,,
Miller lite
this isn't 1700 anymore.
Educate the children??
Hoops and hoops residents jump thru,,,,
Yet they may as well be on a merry go round.
In the BORO it is pick and choose,
What is the answer, ,,
Move out,,
Seems to be the trend,,
Not the answer
Lol I agree
Lol I agree