Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cycle Den Burns

Shortly after 1 p.m. today, The Cycle Den caught fire when gas that had leaked from a motorcycle in for repair ignited.  Many of the motorcycles - some vintage - were saved, but some sustained fire damage.  By sunset, the building had been demolished by work crews, as fire personnel sprayed water on the wreckage to put out any remaining hot spots.
I arrived too late to shoot any photos of the actual fire, but Travis Vigil took the following pics.  I have many photos of the aftermath, which I'll post sometime tomorrow.
In the meantime, if you have photos of the fire, which you would like to see posted on this blog, please send them to me, with your name (or anonymously), and I will post them and give you a photo credit.
Please send them to: coleumber@gmail.com









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so sad. my heart goes out to the owners and family of this business. let's all rally behind them Columbia !!!! let's all do anything we can to help :)