Public works director argues with resident, walks out of meeting while using derogatory term
Miller seemed resentful of continued questioning by resident Frank Doutrich about highway department equipment and borough road conditions. Tensions came to a head when Doutrich complained about the poor state of borough roads, characterizing them as "unbelievable." Miller asked, "How many times was that brought up? Fifty!" Exasperated, Miller said, "I gotta go. I ain't listening to no more." Miller rose, and upon exiting, said, "Retard," which was apparently directed at Doutrich.
Committee member Pam Williams made a sudden motion to adjourn, but two residents insisted that citizen comments be heard, which committee chair Fran FitzGerald allowed. One of the residents, Sharon Lintner, said she was disappointed that Miller left the meeting, and pointed out the derogatory remark made by Miller. FitzGerald said that Miller should not be talked about in his absence, and Lintner replied, "Well, why did he leave? Why did he storm out of here?" None of the committee members replied, and the issue was left unresolved at meeting's end.

Comments
I have been to a number of borough meetings, and whenever the going gets tough, our borough representatives responses to the public are invariably defensive, curt, and churlish. We, as citizens and human beings, deserve much better treatment than we are getting from them.
I urge all residents to join me in flooding the borough office with emails, phone calls and letters calling for Ron Miller's termination!
I'm posting anonymously because I fear the reaper (and revenge and retaliation).