Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Man rushes from Harrisburg to Columbia to watch first man on the moon in 1969


Rushed out of work
I was the only person in the family who had to work on that day in 1969. My whole family was at my Aunt Jane's house in Columbia, Pennsylvania. As soon as work ended I got in my car and rushed to Columbia. Made the trip from Harrisburg in about 35 minutes - door to door. I missed the actual moon landing but got there in plenty of time to see Neil Armstrong take the first steps, of any human being, on the surface of the moon. On a black and white TV, of course. Quite a thrill!
-- Michael S. Tucci Jr., Harrisburg
MORE:
https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/07/readers-recall-where-they-were-when-apollo-11-landed-on-the-moon-i-thought-walter-cronkite-was-going-to-have-a-cow.html

No comments: