Sunday, March 17, 2024

Columbia coach Karl Kreiser calls it a career, and he'll leave a large legacy in Crimson Tide's proud basketball programs | Girls' basketball | lancasteronline.com

Kreiser tendered his resignation last week after coaching in Columbia's storied basketball program for nearly three decades, breaking out of the shadow of his dad, the late Elmer Kreiser, the former Crimson Tide boys coach and school administrator who helped mold Columbia into a basketball powerhouse.

"He taught me how to play and he taught me how to coach," Kreiser said. "Not only was he my father, but he was my best friend, too. I wanted to please him. I would do anything to please him — including being successful in coaching. That's all I ever wanted to do."

Turns out Kreiser was pretty good at coaching. Just like his dad.

MORE:

https://lancasteronline.com/sports/highschool/girlsbasketball/columbia-coach-karl-kreiser-calls-it-a-career-and-hell-leave-a-large-legacy-in/article_16a5b1ba-e47b-11ee-b101-3beb57dab2c0.html 

No comments: