Wednesday, December 30, 2020

BEWARE OF PHONE SCAM - DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION

Several people have received calls today (12/30/20) from a woman claiming to be from "PPL." The caller states, "your account reflects a disconnection order taking place today for non-payment history." The caller (from 717-431-5989) then gives an option to be connected to a billing department.

PPL has verified to Columbia Spy that the calls did not originate from them and that they are investigating the issue as a scam. Comments regarding the calls (https://who-called.us/Number/1-717-431-5989) are shown below:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got one of these phone calls yesterday! Being naive I started giving my name & address because I was responding to the voicemail they left however when the guy asked me what state I lived in that was a red flag, I said it's PPL has to be PA,I then said I'm not telling you anymore I don't trust you!! He got a little huffy & hung up!!