Two unsolved homicides 10 days apart have many in Columbia Borough asking why they happened in their small town and wondering when police might announce arrests.
Anthony Stoy-Velazquez died by a busy intersection near Route 30 after midnight on July 8, the 26-year-old restaurant cook having been stabbed once in the chest.
Then last Saturday, 17-year-old Wilfredo Garcia was shot to death in his own home on Plane Street, leaving his mother to recount the horror of holding him as his life slipped away.
“I think a lot of people are concerned,” said borough resident Ally Reitzel, a Columbia native. “I know people like my friends are not letting their children walk to and from sports practices any more.”
Then last Saturday, 17-year-old Wilfredo Garcia was shot to death in his own home on Plane Street, leaving his mother to recount the horror of holding him as his life slipped away.
“I think a lot of people are concerned,” said borough resident Ally Reitzel, a Columbia native. “I know people like my friends are not letting their children walk to and from sports practices any more.”
MORE:

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.